User installations are disabled via policy on the machine
- Start Local Group Policy Editor – gpedit.msc [in command prompt]
- In the Group Policy Editor select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Installer
- In the Extended Properties pane, double-click Prohibit User Installs
- Click Disabled (to enable installations) or Enabled (to disable installations)
- Click OK and close the Group Policy Editor
- Open command prompt as run as admin, type gpupdate /force command and press enter[wait till you get message as User Policy update has completed successfully] message.
- Open Windows Registry Editor.
- Go to key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
- Change the DisableUserInstalls value to 0 (to enable installations) or 1 (to disable installations).