.NET Framework initialization error: unable to find a version of the run time to run this application
Workaround 1: [For Windows XP]
Install .NET Framework 2.0 SP1.
Workaround 2: [For Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8]
You must use “Turn Windows features on or off” in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1″
- Go to: start/control panel/programs and features
- On the top left you should see “Turn windows features on or off”.
- Find “Microsoft .NET framework 3.5.1″ when the window opens
- Click the + sign next to it to expand it so you can now see: “Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation” “Windows Communication Foundation HTTP non-Activation”
- Make sure that there is a tick in both boxes and select OK.
- Restart the System.
Workaround 3: [For Windows XP]
Clean the .NET Framework components completely from control panel and Follow the below 10 steps:
- Open control panel, click Add\Remove Programs and uninstall the .NET Framework.
- Run .NET Framework cleanup Utility to clean the .NET Framework components completely.Download: .NET Framework cleanup tool
- If it prompts for System restart then restart it
- Navigate to Windows folder: “C:\Windows\”
- Rename folder “assembly” to “assembly1“
- Rename folder “Microsoft.NET” to “Microsoft.NET1“
- Open registry: Click Start | Run | type regedit.exe | Click OK.
- Navigate To: “HKLM\Software\Microsoft” registry
- Delete .NETFramework key
- Install Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP1.