The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2711.
- It is may be problem with corrupted .Net Framework.
- Application might be corrupted.
- Improper uninstallation of Dotnet framework, your registry is not clean and might be corrupted.
- Clean the temp and %temp% folder.
- For Windows Vista\7\8 .NET Framework comes with the operating systems. So need not install it again. You just need to configure it from control panel.
Solution 1: Clean system “temp” folder
- Start > Run > type temp
- Click enter and try to remove all the files and folders from the temp folder.
- Start > Run > type %temp%
- Click enter and try to remove all the files and folders from the %temp% folder
Solution 2: Configure Microsoft .NET framework [Applicable only for Windows Vista\7\8\Server 2003\Server 2008 operatings systems]
- Click Start ->Control Panel –>Programs and Features
- Turn Windows features on or off -> Select “Microsoft .NET framework 3.5.1”
- Click OK and restart the system.
- Open control panel, click Add\Remove Programs and uninstall the .NET Framework.
- Re-Install the .NET Framework.
- Run .NET Framework cleanup Utility to clean the .NET Framework components completely.
- Download: .NET Framework Cleanup tool
- Navigate to [C:\Windows] folder
- Rename folder assembly & Microsoft.NET to assemblyOld, Microsoft.NETOld
- Later Install Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP1. or Latest version.
Solution 5: Re-install the application. [Before un-installation take backup of full application folder]
- Open control panel, click Add\Remove Programs and uninstall the application.
- Clean the application path.
- Re-Install the application And make sure that you are running the setup as Run as Administrator.